Master of Computer Science (Software development)
The Software Development programme provides a year of intensive education in software engineering and is ideal for graduates of disciplines other than computing. This course is designed to develop the technical, analytical and professional skills required to take on software development roles within the IT industry. Software development courses includes Software Testing, Web Engineering, Mobile Application Development, Mobile Cloud Computing, Software Requirements Analysis Engineering, Software Security, Advanced User Interface Design and Advanced Topics in Software Development are essential to the technological evolution and advancement of most sectors within the economy. As a result, there is a very strong demand for software professionals.
Master of Computer Science (Computational Intelligence)
The Computational Intelligence programme combines a wide choice of advanced topics in computer science with specialist modules relating to computational intelligence, including Evolutionary Computing, Advanced Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Data Analysis and Visualization, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Multi-Agents System and Advanced Topics in Computational Intelligence. The programme is aimed at graduates considering a career in research and development. It would also provide an excellent foundation for PhD study.
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent OR
- A first degree or equivalent in any subjects other than Computer Science/ Information Technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent in which the applicant may be accepted for admission into the master programme, provided that all prerequisite modules in computing have been taken to adequately prepare them to pursue the Master of Computer Science OR
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent with CGPA less than 2.50 provided that the applicant has at least five (5) years of direct working experience in the ICT industry OR
- STPM/Diploma provided that the applicant has at least five (10) years of direct working experience in the ICT industry and passed the APEL assessment.
For International Applicants:
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- A minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
For Malaysian Applicants:
- A minimum score of band 3 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test)